Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HYC Check in

On the whole, healthy living is going okay.

I have been keeping a food journal for over a week now, and my average calories per day is 1,359. So that is awesome. My goal is for 1,500, but honestly, I'm feeling good about what I am eating. I have hot chocolate pretty much every day, but I also have tons of healthy foods like Cheerios, apples, yogurt, soup, cottage cheese, chicken, carrots, etc. I have plenty of energy and I don't feel hungry, so I think I will just keep on with my current calorie intake and give myself 1,500/day, but I'm not going to feel forced into using all of them. I am also not going to feel guilty about going over a little.

I have discovered many new snacks:

-raisins
-almonds
-rice cakes with low fat cottage cheese and garlic powder and dried basil (My new fave! YUM!)

I have had no problems writing things down, and I actually kind of look forward to it everyday. Part of me loves to be very organized. Other parts of me don't clean my room.

I did so great on exercising last week. But for some reason, this week is not going so well. I don't know if I'm getting sick (oh please, no), or if I just overdid it last week. But it didn't feel like I did. Anyway, I tried to do my DVD this morning, and it was just not happening. I have a rule that even if I don't feel like it, I have to do at least 5 or 10 minutes, and if I'm still not feeling it, I can stop. Usually, after 5 or 10 minutes, I am fine and go on with the workout. Today, that was not the case. It is really frustrating, because I love working out and I really want to do it. But there is not a whole lot I can do when my body won't cooperate. Tomorrow I think I am going to try walking and give myself a break from the DVD. Maybe I just need to mix it up.

That is all from me for today, I think. I am making pancakes for dinner tonight for my housemates, so that will be good, even if I can only have a couple. They will be delicious, and I will enjoy them. =)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on keeping track of the foodstuffs. I'm with you on the almonds and raisins, but I haven't tried your rice cake concoction. Sounds tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping a food journal is a great way to be focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you cant do the video, keep up with your walking. That can be wayyy more fun than a video if you bring along an mp3 player. Dont give up on yourself yet, youve been doing great.

    ReplyDelete