Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fun and the future.

I decided on a haircut as a reward several weeks before I actually made the weight. Now that I have achieved that goal, it is time for a new reward to work towards. I decided that my next goal is 40 pounds lost - that means a weight of 210.3. And my reward is going to be a Philosophy bath/shower gel from Sephora. They have some that smell like things such as candy canes, pink frosted layer cake, cocoa, pumpkin pie, mimosa, champagne, cinnamon buns, etc. And they all smell sooooooo delicious. Plus, it's better than eating all those things, right? Haha. But they also have the gel in the scents of their perfumes, which is what I use. (My personal favorite is Amazing Grace.) I am not sure which I will pick... I guess I will just have to wait for the day that I get to go... which will hopefully be sometime in January.

This has been and will continue to be a busy weekend for me. Yesterday I had my haircut and then I worked out. Then I made my way to Holly's and we took a walk in the rain/snow. My pants were very wet at the end and I had to borrow some sweatpants of Holly's while I stuck my jeans in her dryer. The rest of the afternoon was spent preparing for and then celebrating the engagement of two of my fellow volunteers from last year. It was a lot of fun, and a very exciting time. I resisted the most delicious looking cupcakes in the world, but I did have a glass of champagne with some raspberries. Yum. I would never turn down champagne.

Today I had a rough time getting up, and I really struggled through my workout with Jillian. I don't know what was going on. I know I did not drink a ton of water yesterday, and I did stay up kind of late last night. So that could be it. But I finished, even if it wasn't very good. Then I threw some clothes in the wash, as all my jeans are dirty, and took a shower. Next up is stopping by Target for some new hair stuff, then grocery shopping for the house for the week. I am thinking about going somewhere this afternoon to work on writing, but I haven't decided. My heart just isn't in it this year, and that is killing me. I want so badly to win NaNoWriMo again, but I just never feel like writing. I kind of feel like exercise and working on my eating has taken over my life. I spend so much time writing/reading blogs, reading labels, writing in my food journal, exercising to my DVD or running or both. I just don't know what to do.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes important things--like your writing--need to TEMPORARILY take second place to urgent things. Losing weightis an urgent thing for your health's sake right now.

    You'll be able to relax a little with that soon--maybe after the holidays. But, for now, you're probably doing what is best for you.

    So you don't get burnt out, tho, perhaps you could schedule writing time rather than just trying to fit it in. Is there a tv show you could skip? a social event that's not really important?

    Creativity with time management is key--at least, until God gives us more than 24 hours in our days. :) Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered trying to involve friends in your exercise once in a while. You could go ice skating, running, walking, take a class together...That way you could be socializing and doing something good for your body at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New haircut is VERY cute! Congrats on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Philosophy's products! I'm a huge fan of their Purity face wash and the Amazing Grace Shampoo/Body Wash :D

    ReplyDelete