Saturday, October 31, 2009

waiting...

It is 11:21. I am trying to stay up until midnight so that I can start my NaNoWriMo. (Don't know what this is? It's all about writing a 50,000 word novel in a month. It's crazy, fun, and crazyfun. Check it out here.) Last year was my first year, and I won, which means I made it to the 50,000 mark. It was hard work, but one of the coolest things I've ever done. I really want to get at least a couple hundred words down tonight, just to say that I did... so this is me, trying to kill time and stay awake.

In other, health related news, yesterday and today were complete and utter crap. After all my positive self talk on Friday morning, I binged. Yesterday and today. It wasn't as bad as it was in the past. I'm not going to be the person that lists everything that I've had, so let's just say it wasn't good. I honestly could not stop myself. I hate feeling so damn out of control. I picked up a book on Thursday called "Crave: Why You Binge Eat, and How to Stop." I'm super excited to read this book. There are three types of eating disorders: anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and EDNOS - Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified. Currently, Binge Eating Disorder is classified as an EDNOS. Anyway, I've read the first few pages and they are interesting. I line up with a lot of the symptoms (qualities? habits? indicators?) of Binge Eating Disorder. It's really hard for me to admit this. I think maybe three people that I know in real life read this blog, but it's still hard to admit. I'm hoping this book will help me.

Sigh. I still have 22 minutes. But I am le tired.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Good job on winning. Did you win any kind of prize?

    I binged this weekend too. Now we just need to make better choices. New day, new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I'll have to have a look at that. Good luck again for this year!

    I binged over the Halloween weekend too. As the above poster said, new day, new beginning. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete