Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rude Awakening

I had set my alarm for 7 this morning so I could wake up slowly, poke around online for awhile, and then go for my walk. Imagine my surprise when my phone rings at 6 AM!!! YIKES! It was my boss. She called to ask if I could come in early. I said yes, but not til 9. (She wanted 8:30, I said I had stuff to do.) We agreed, and she said she'd call back if anything changed.

Since I was already awake, I was darned if I was going to skip my walk just because I had to go into work early. I got up, dressed, and out of the house while it was still dark out! That is so unlike me, I am not a morning person. But I guess the fact that I am now a walking person overrides the desire to not see the sun rise. As it turns out, it was actually a lovely walk. The only difference was that I only walked 40 minutes instead of my usual hour. I might try to go out earlier more often, there was a little less traffic, which was nice.

I got back to the house, showered, dressed, and was checking my email when my housemate comes downstairs asking if I'm going walking today. I said yep, I am already back and showered! She was shocked - like I said, I'm not so much the morning person, haha. Anyway, she left on her run, I threw together a lunch and hit the road.

I get to work at 9 only to find out that I'm actually not needed. My boss forgot to call me back and tell me. Grrrrrr. I was a little ticked off. But the day ended up being fine. I got an extra 1.5 hours of work in, and I can always use a little extra money. Luckily I'm back to my regular 11 start tomorrow, so I can have my full hour long walk!

My dinner tonight was amazing. I had half a can of Light Campbell's soup and a tuna/tomato melt on half a bagel. I am taking the other half of the can of soup and a tuna/tomato/lettuce wrap for my lunch tomorrow. It felt really good to have a delicious, filling, and healthy dinner, and to also knock out making lunch for tomorrow! I love saving time in the morning!

Okay, now it is time for The Biggest Loser. Not as good as Diet Tribe, but entertaining nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Diet Tribe...not sold on Tuna yet LOL. You sound like you are doing amazing though :) I need to get up and go for walks, too. Tomorrow Im starting the couch to 5k program. Im kind of nervous...we'll see though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuna as awesome - love it! It always feels good when you get that morning workout out of the way!! Keep it up/have a great week

    ReplyDelete