Monday, October 12, 2009

Pants

ACKKK it has been not quite two weeks and already my pants are looser! Like, I'm going to have to start washing my jeans after one use so that they shrink, hahaha. And I'm right at the point that my so-called "skinny" jeans are still just a tad too snug. It's a great way to see progress off the scale, but darn it, I'm not made of money! LOL.

Before I write the following paragraph, I must make one thing clear. I am eating better and exercising because I WANT TO. I want to be healthier. I want to have more energy and endurance. I want to feel great about myself.

Now.

One of the things that excites me the most about losing weight is looking forward to seeing my mom's face when she picks me up at the airport at Christmas. I haven't told her that I'm doing this, but I also know that she can see this blog. It is not hidden, and it took the place of the blog I used to have on this site, which I deleted. I know she could read the other one, so it's very likely she can read this one too. (Mom, if you are reading this, let me know! Facebook, email, Skype, whatever!) But if she isn't... she is going to be SO SURPRISED. I am so bad at keeping secrets, but this one is epic.

The other thing that makes me work so much harder than I might normally? The idea of buying jeans at a regular store. Like American Eagle. How much would I LOVE to shop at AE? A hell of a lot. I'd also love to buy a bra at Victoria's Secret. Thanks to my breast reduction almost two years ago, I can fit a cup size there... but their band sizes are still too small.

These are things that keep me into this whole process when I feel like throwing everything out the window and eating a bag of donuts. Or devouring hummus on bagel chips. Or eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's.

I'd much rather have the clothes.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the HYC, fellow Coloradoan! I was in Denver last night to see the movie Paranormal Activity. :-)

    Yeah, the smaller clothes are sooooo worth everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smaller clothes are wonderful!! I am noticing my bras fit so much better, even the underwire ones!! (TMI??)

    If your mama isnt reading your blog, she is in for one great surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Being able to shop at a "normal" store is huge motivation for me too! There are so many reasons to be healthy and they are all worth it =) Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading about your successes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your attitude is awesome!! I'm the very same way, i'd much rather have awesome clothes at stores I love than a big old cookie! lol!!

    ReplyDelete