Sunday, October 25, 2009

Not great... but not terrible, either.

So I didn't do such a great job this weekend. When we went out to dinner last night, it was to one of my favorite restaurants, Steuben's. Which is a funky diner that serves classic American food. I had a pulled pork sandwich and macaroni and cheese. Though, I did share the mac and cheese with Caroline in exchange for some green beans. And I had a beer, which was freaking delicious. I didn't make good choices there. But I didn't let myself get too down. Every day is a new day, and every meal is a new chance to make good choices.

Today I did alright, though I caved and ate two cookies and some hot cider after church with my friends Joy and Robin. Then we carved a socially just pumpkin. (Social justice was the theme of the after-church social, and then we had to carve our pumpkins in accordance with the theme.) Ours was pretty bad, but we had a really good time doing it and laughed a lot. I am meeting up with them super early on Saturday at 5 AM to go to our church for the 24 hour concert of prayer. We are taking a 5-6 AM shift and then going out to breakfast afterward.

I completely meant to go walking today. I also did 5 loads of laundry this weekend, and the one I was finishing early this afternoon had my Under Armor in it. I was watching a documentary on Netflix about Mt. Everest (I am obsessed with Mt. Everest, btw) and I fell asleep!!!!! For two hours!!!!!! Needless to say by the time I woke up I barely had enough time to shower and throw clean clothes on before I needed to be at church. I am extremely hopeful for getting out tomorrow morning though. This virus I have isn't totally gone, but I am feeling just a little better every day.

I am also contemplating talking to my doctor about changing up my depression meds. I feel like they have helped a little bit, but so far, I don't like the Prozac as much as I liked the Lexapro I had a couple years ago. I know I can't get Lexapro with Kaiser, but I'm hoping there is another option that might work better. I'll probably try to get in this week or maybe next week.

So anyway, that was my weekend. Now I am laying in bed watching/listening to the live U2 concert stream on YouTube. So very cool. It's a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment