Thursday, October 8, 2009

I cannot argue with results.

Okay. So it's been a week yesterday that I started trying to eat better and get more exercise. I was going to just weigh myself at work tomorrow, but I decided I just didn't want to weigh myself in the locker rooms. I still have a fear of other people seeing me, I guess. Weird.

Anywho, I caved and bought a scale today. It was pretty cheap (about $20), but the reviews on Amazon and the Target website were good, so I went with it. I've kind of been wondering if any of this is working. I do find that I've got a bit more energy. I've also noticed something weird - now that I'm eating healthier foods, it takes me a lot longer to eat my meal. Like, yesterday's lunch took me my whole half hour break!!! And it was only a yogurt, an apple, a carrot with hummus and a granola bar.

I am not going to post my *official* weight until tomorrow. But when I weighed myself this evening, my weight was 242. That's 8 FREAKING POUNDS!!! less than what it was at the doctor's office two weeks ago. Brilliant. I am fully aware that weight fluctuates, so if my scale says a higher number in the morning, so be it. It still won't be 250.3. Ever again.

I had started to slip these past few days, just wondering and worrying if this was all working and worth it. It so, so, so is. It's worth it. It's working. I am re-inspired! And I can't wait to go for my walk tomorrow morning, even if it is going to be freezing cold. Nothing can stop me... except freezing rain. I don't do that. =)

1 comment:

  1. Dang it! I just posted a LONG comment and it wouldnt go through! GRRR. Ok so basically

    1) Make sure you pee BEFORE you weigh in tomorrow.

    2) Dont become obsessed with the scale. Only worry about your weight on weigh in days, because if you weigh yourself every day, itll fluctuate, same thing if you weigh yourself at night. And make sure the scale is never slightly turned either.

    3) Dont forget to watch Diet Tribe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete