Saturday, October 3, 2009

Grocery time!

In my house of 4 girls, I am the grocery shopper. I love grocery shopping, it is so weird, but it is one of my favorite activities of the week! We do shared groceries, each putting in $80 a month, so we spend $80 a week on groceries for four people. All four of us spent last year doing and AmeriCorps program in which we had an even smaller food budget, so we know how to get the most out of our money. The nice thing about being the grocery shopper is that I get to pick out whatever I want! I know what the rest of the girls like, and I accommodate them as well. But if I want to get a different kind of fruit, or more vegetables, or whole wheat pasta... it's totally up to me! Today is grocery day, so I need to get going. I'm excited to buy some sweet potatoes - both for sweet potato enchiladas (OMG SO GOOD!!!), and also just to have for eating/snacking.

Then this afternoon, the four of us, plus Suzanne, are going hiking. Yay, fun times in the Colorado mountains.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaitlin! Hope you found some sweet pots at the grocery. Have fun hiking.
    BTW, 25 is so NOT old...lol.

    ReplyDelete