Saturday, October 17, 2009

Goals

I have been thinking about goals a lot lately. I think it helps to have something to aim for, but I completely believe that it can also be very overwhelming. Yes, my major goal is to lose at least 100 pounds. That's a lot of weight! And if it's all I'm focusing on, I'm going to get frustrated and disheartened. So I decided to create a few smaller goals every so often... here are the ones I thought of today.

1. I would like to lose a total of 30 pounds by the time I go home for Christmas. This leaves me pretty much until Christmas to get this done. (I'll go home the 23rd or 24th.) Currently, I have lost 14.4 pounds. That leaves 15.6 pounds. What I've lost so far I've done in about 2 and a half weeks. I think it will take a lot longer than that to lose the next 15 pounds. I'm expecting my weight loss to slow down and eventually stabilize at a pound or two a week. I think reaching 220 is a reasonable goal for the next two months.

2. When I reach 230 pounds, I will get my hair cut. I've been contemplating it, and I have decided I definitely want to do it. It won't be a huge hair cut... like a couple inches maybe. With layers. But it's something fun and concrete to work towards.

I think that is all I have for now. Once I reach these goals, I will think of some new ones. I have to remind myself to take this a day at a time. So far, it's working pretty well. Now, I am off to pack a lunch and go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment