Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I have a lot to say...

Sometimes I feel like when I start a new blog, I have TONS of things to say, and then I write two entries a day and after a week or two, I am fresh out of material. I'm trying not to do that now. So for now, I will just write about how my day was today.

The blessing and the curse of working in childcare: We are allowed to eat the school lunches. Sometimes, the meals are gross and totally not anything an adult would put in their mouth. But sometimes the meal is macaroni and cheese or bean burritos. And then it is super hard to resist. On Monday, before I started this journey, I had a burrito. Today was mac and cheese... it didn't look amazing, but it looked pretty decent. It took all that was in me to resist. Instead, I ate my packed-at-home lunch of yogurt, granola, and an apple. It was actually pretty tasty!

Then I came home and made dinner. I had a salad, some spaghetti, a couple grilled chicken strips, and sauce that we made here a week ago. We dumped a whole load of fresh veggies in with a jar of Kroger brand spaghetti sauce and then put it in a plastic container. It was really, really good. Onions, peppers, zucchini, carrots, and it all pretty much tastes like the sauce! It was nice to sneak some extra veggies into my meal, although the salad was delicious as well.

I feel really, really, good about today. I took a walk, I ate well, and I wasn't left feeling hungry! I'm not counting calories or anything, but I know for a fact I made good choices for all of my foods today. Off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Im the first "follower". I feel like I should have something really meaningful to say.

    Here goes nothing:

    We have the opportunity in our lives to stop ourselves cold on the path we had been walking and, rather, to move to a path that will instead lead us to where we actually want to go, to who we actually want to be.

    A lot of us spend a great deal of time in our lives without realizing that very opportunity presents itself to us daily; multiple times a day.

    We don't need to wait, longingly; yearning for the moment that life reaches out and shoves us into an amazing new existing.

    We have the power, every day, in many ways, to choose to recreate our lives and ourselves in whatever way we see fit.

    The miracle moment we have all longed for is ours for the taking. Always.

    I wish you all the best in your journey.

    Never give up.

    ReplyDelete